Rogers-Lowell Area News

ARTICLE

Date ArticleType
8/13/2019 Member News
Executive Sponsors named for 12th Annual Susan G. Komen Ozark Swing for the Cure

Jason Fremstad, VP/DMM, Adult Beverage and Matt Shy, Merchandise Operations Senior Director at Walmart will serve as the Executive Sponsors for Komen Ozark’s 12th Annual Swing for the Cure golf tournament at Shadow Valley Country Club on Friday, September 13.

“We are honored to help support such a great cause that has impacted us all in some way,” said Fremstad and Shy. “We look forward to honoring those who have faced breast cancer while also working to raise money and awareness.”

Swing for the Cure is an 18-hole scramble tournament at the beautiful Shadow Valley Golf course. Participants will enjoy a great day of golf, lunch, hole games, snacks, and prizes. Proceeds from Swing for the Cure will benefit the Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen. For information about sponsorship opportunities or participation, contact Cecilia Smith at cecilia@komenozark.org or (479) 750-7465.

75 percent of the proceeds from this event will be invested in local breast health programs that provide education, screening and treatment assistance to those in need. The other 25 percent of the proceeds will fund breast cancer research. For those who want to support Komen but cannot attend the event, donations can be made either online at www.komenozark.org/donate or by sending a check to the Komen Ozark office at P.O. Box 309, Springdale, Arkansas, 72764.